Saturday, May 24, 2008

Our Secret Mission to Mommy-golia

We just came back from my Temple University graduation trip to Philadelphia. I had two of the most exciting days of my life! During our stay I became Leslie Ann Shaffer Chamberlain, MMT, MT-BC, turned 28, and found out I was going on a secret mission to Mommy-golia. As we were getting ready to leave, our nephew, Harrison, hopped in my parent’s car, looked me square in the face and said:

“Yaya, we going on a secret mission to Mommy-golia. 3-2-1, BLAST OFF!”

Apparently, he has been enjoying the concept of “secret missions.” He also told Nathan we needed to join him on a secret camping mission to make a tent up in his room. As his aunt and uncle, we go along with anything he says. To match his secret missions we sang the Mission Impossible theme song for him. Too bad we don’t have video of him dancing to it because he had the camera, but he informed me it was better off “safe in his pocket.” I’ll leave it to you to imagine its brilliance. The following video is one of his first attempts at the word “Mongolia”.

Though she can’t say Mongolia either, we also spent some quality time with our niece, Parker. She has a spectacular smile! She is easy to entertain right now, so that helped our egos a little. She also looks a lot like my sister-in-law’s father. We kept trying to just imagine her with a beard. She is gorgeous without it, though.

Kendall Glouner Shaffer & Parker Glouner Shaffer

As a Temple University graduate I received, what I refer to as, a fauxploma. I now am the proud owner of a lovely cherry binder with the Temple crest to represent my diploma. Sadly, I will be in Mongolia when my real diploma arrives. Here’s my photo of the proud MMT (masters in music therapy) and the fauxploma.

LASC, MMT, MT-BC & Fauxploma

We’re looking forward to our “From Cleveland to Mongolia Chamberlain Stay-cation Birthday Blowout!”

Stay tuned for more details!

No comments: